Rachel is a long time friend of mine whose daughter is having a birthday party tomorrow at a skating rink. My hubby, Eric, worked at this establishment for a few years while in high school…and of course thinks he is the king of skating. He has proven to be quiet an impressive skater though the bragging is just a bit ridiculous. I haven’t been skating since the 6th grade or so… so this should be interesting. Wait no; I did have some roller blades in high school, which I rocked. But this isn’t regarding me nor Eric. My daughter has been sliding her feet around the house for a week; “I’m Skating mama!” She is so very excited to go skating…for the first time. Certainly momma is a bit nervous, and I hope out Master Skating Daddy will keep tight grip on her hand while he shows her the basics of the skill. I want to skate with her of course, it will be tons of fun; however Eric said, “I would like to teach her something before I die.” I think he gets a bit jealous coming home everyday to her knowing something new that “momma” showed her.
I have been accused of being a bit overprotective of her and I agree… I can be a bit psycho about her safety at times. She is a dare devil and that doesn’t bother me…I love it, though I am always standing right there. If I’m not there to catch her when she falls I just prefer her to keep her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life