Five Years Later


Five years later... Well life has completely changed, to say the least. I’ve been quite busy. I've divorced and am no longer trapped in an unhappy marriage. My beautiful angel of a daughter is growing up too quickly and is about to be a 4th grader. We've moved to a small town and I have a big beautiful ring on my finger! Oh yeah, and a fiancé.

Just kidding, of course the Fiancé biz is much more important than the ring thing! This may be a Blog, but I still am not completely keen on the whole “telling too much personal business” to the world. I was blessed to meet a wonderful man who makes me laugh, trusts and respects me, loves Christ, and also is the dreamiest hunk I've ever known! He truly takes care of Lyric and me like I never expected. I couldn’t believe I was so blessed to have met such an intelligent man that I could talk to for hours about everything from politics and WWII to Knights Templar and serial killers. It is wonderful to have a partner who is your best friend, your boo-thang, and your moronic sidekick all in one!

My last post was about the "10 things I want my daughter to know" and I will continue to make certain these things are clear…I can’t believe I am having to watch my daughter grow so fast. I slowly watch her become a young lady with wonderful manors (most of the time) and so many interests (that change often) and for crying out loud…she is Boy Crazy! Yes 9 years old and she has a rush on Justin Timberlake and Nick Jonas. She cuts out pics of them and pastes them on her wall. It reminds me of my sister and her NKOTB obsession. But at least Lyric only cuts out small pics and pastes them on a poster board or paper to put on her door…or notebooks. My sister, on the other hand…It always looked like Teen Bop vomited all over her walls! Not happening here, yet…



Summer has officially started for us so I hope to get motivated on getting back into top shape. By “top shape” I mean looking good in a bikini again…yes this chick has became lazy.  Summer also means my house will be clean and I will cook fun stuff all the time because I won’t be so darned drained! Three more days and I am a free woman!!! I always think of the scene in Bad Teacher when she doesn’t think she is coming back to that school and peels out of the parking lot with the middle finger up shouting “peace out bitches or something like that. Yeah…I’m not g
oing to do that…but it just came to mind. ;)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life

So much work, for something so little.