So much work, for something so little.


Too many things I want to do. Too many ideas in my head.
I told my mother the other day, “Life is too short to do the same thing every day.” I do not miss being locked in an office, or typing the same old reports every day. There is now another title I may add to my resume along with mother, police officer, fitness trainer, cook, chauffer, social worker, writer, drummer, artist, and wife. I may now add Published Author! Today is very exciting for me. I have written since I was in high school; and still have those short stories on a floppy disk (old). I have written down everything that has made some kind of an impression on my life. Every time I see something so beautiful that I can barely describe; I grab a pen and paper and somehow the words just appear. I want to write and write and write. I got tired of writing stories and articles for other people (elance.com) so that they may publish “my” work. Freelance writing doesn’t pay that well ; )
My daughter inspired me to try writing a Children’s book. Which, come to find out, is so much more difficult that it may look. I almost finished my novel before the children’s book. With a children’s book, you write what you think is “good”…then realize, that it sucks. Then you try again and again and again. It has to appeal to children…not you. Stephen King was denied 114 times and Dean Koontz over 200 times before their first novel was published. I had to keep telling myself this. A simple children’s book, how hard can that be. All of this just to get my name published so that it will be easier to find an agent/publisher in the future. Well…not so easy.
One year later, there it is. It has been tweaked, pushed, pulled, and yanked, and is nowhere near the book I started with. But, I created it, and my daughter LOVED it. She made me read it three times today. That is the only critic I need. I got the first copy here today. It is available on Amazon.com.


http://www.amazon.com/Willows-Oddball-Pet-Krisi-Brunson/dp/1453801111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1286894902&sr=8-1



Comments

  1. This is soooo exciting!!!! I'm so proud for you! Congrats Krisi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is a PUBLISHED author! How NEAT is that! I'm so proud of you. Can't wait to get my copy and get is autographed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations Krisi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed!! I would LOVE to do that! Congrats Krisi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Krisi! I am truly impressed. I had no idea that this is who you are. I knew you were unique but this is amazing. I will share w/all of those I know as well. Good luck my friend & don't forget the little people that knew you when. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life