My oh my, how she is my ... darling


I have been absent from Blogging for over a month! My life has been fairly chaotic lately, with my husband working longer hours, my freelance work picking up, my bootcamp continuing, and my butterfly princess keeping my on my toes.
My daughter is often reminding me of my poor choice of words and my reactions to everything. I find it to be the greatest blessing to be able to stay at home with my sweet daughter. Though with each passing day she picks up on one more of my “many” habits. Her favorite thing to say at this moment is, (and please forgive me) “Oh My God.” And she says it with total theatrics.
Sample dialog:
Momma, “What are we going to do tomorrow?
Lyric, “I’m gonna make a BIG mess and you’re gonna say, OH My Gaaaawd.”


Today I cut out some paper butterflies using cutsie scrapbook paper. We lay out an old blanket on the living room floor and dig out the acrylics and paint brushes. Together we painted all of the butterflies (the blank sides). It was loads of fun and very messy. When she decided that she had enough paint on her hands, we go to the bathroom and rinse her off. When she reenters the living room she reacts dramatically. “Oh My GAAAWD! You need to clean up this mess.”…this is what I say to her about five times a day.

I just don’t know what to do with her. She is a bossy, messy, manipulative, daring, loud, smart mouthed, sassy, rebellious, goofy, dramatic little toot. Just like her momma. She is only about to be three in a few weeks…whatever am I going to do when she turns 13!?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life

So much work, for something so little.