Cucumber What?

A few days ago I was relaxing on my couch (which is an unusual occasion with a 2 year old), watching the Importance of Being Earnest. Why? Because I too have an ‘inner dork’. I love old Victorian settings, and classic literature/plays. Near the beginning of the movie (with Collin Firth,:)), they spoke of “Cucumber Sandwiches”; something I had heard of in several movies though never seen one much less tried one. Cucumbers are not appealing to me and the thought of them on a sandwich brought my thoughts to one expression…”gross”. I had thought too soon. My sister, who has all too often amazing ideas, made cucumber sandwiches (among other yummy English treats) for her daughter’s Birthday ‘Princess Tea’ party I spoke about in my last post. I tried one of these ‘cucumber sandwiches’ and then another and then another. Then I grabbed the wheat thins and ate a few of those with slices of cucumbers. Okay more than a few. I never imagined falling in love with something I ‘KNEW’ I didn’t like. How peculiar. Today, when Lyric and I go to the store, we will purchase cucumbers for the first time. When I make my own sandwiches I will post pics and recipes.

Comments

  1. I made cucumber sandwiches again on Monday, wonderful!!! I should have made them for our outing to the zoo today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life