I can't take it anymore!!!!

My husband... like I have explained... is a redneck. I was born and raised in Texas so of course I appreciate Old school country…however, I would rather pull out my hair one by one than listen to Willie nelson sometimes. Tonight it is Johnny Cash Blasting from the Music room. My husband and I are both Musicians and music lovers… though our genres of choice differ tremendously. I’d rather be listening to the Clash or NOFX, but he is more of a Texas Country guy. So how does it work? Well, Now for example I keep my mouth shut and just roll my eyes at the Johnny Cash (Mind you, I have to listen to all the time when he is home)… Then he changes it to the Beatles! Yes, something we can both agree on! It is hard for a stubborn girl like me to not go in there and just change it myself… but marriage is work… everyday. Not always tolerable work. There will always be things I don’t like. But I would much rather not argue over something as silly as having to listen to Johnny Cash yet again Even though I can hear it at the other end of the house. I just Picture Joaquin Phoenix singing to me and it is all okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life