Beauty in the unexpected.



One of my daughter’s favorite things in the world is going to the Library and to the park in a nearby town. We live close to a city called Sulphur Springs which has an amazing children’s park with a gigantic playground. Lyric goes absolutely crazy when we are within close proximity to the park. So last week this was my intention: Go to the Library and then the park then hit up Wal-mart for some overdue necessities. The plan was going great until we drove by the park which was overtaken with school buses unloading about 200 middle school kids. Let’s just say I drove right on past. With a questioning two year old in the backseat drove to a park I had only heard about. There is a walking trail around a small lake down the road that I used to run at daily. I never visited the other side of this “park” though heard there was a playground for children. As we pulled into the other side of what is called Coleman Park, I realize there is no playground; though the beauty of this location could not be kept secret. The first thing Lyric noticed were the duckies walking around the pier and swimming in the pond. There was a beautiful little waterfall and the surroundings were just crazy awesome scenery; right in the middle of town. You never know where you will find beauty… explore all corners before you give up and go home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life