To: daddy From: me



Yes...I posted about myself on Father's Day (very vain) though I wanted to dedicate this Post to my father, Ronnie Herron. The greatest dad in the world.

Useful things I have learned from my father:

1. How to Play Basketball, Softball, Tennis.
2. To listen to good music; He taught me that talent and passion is more beautiful than a catchy beat.
3. Admire people who are not only good at what they do, but who love doing it.
4. Honoring God - Religion was a priority in my dad's life. We went to church often, as a family. He taught us to love and honor the Lord. He showed us by example what it meant to keep the commandments of God.
5. How to change my own oil.
6. How to change a flat tire.
7. When you talk, do it honestly and from the heart.
8. Express your opinion passionately, even if you will make people mad. (ie. A particular church he guest preached at) People do not like to hear that they are hypocrites. hmm
9. How to drive a Stick Shift: I just bought my first Automatic vehicle 2 years ago. I still slam on the brakes searching for the clutch.
10. How to handle and fire a gun safely: Knowing how to handle a firearm for children is important. If children are not introduced to firearms, they are usually afraid of them. “Fear causes mistake” -Bruce Lee. My father knew the importance of a child being familiar with the dangers of weapons though also believed we should know how to use them.
11. If it doesn’t fit, don’t force it: I landed a huge dent in his Trumpet when I was young. Sitting on the case will not make it close if the trumpet is not in correctly.
12. Honor your mother: I don’t know of a time he did not defend our mother.
13. That it’s okay to not like what others do like. If he likes/believes it he will defend it to death (sports teams, politics, religion) no matter what others think.
14. Don’t ask something of someone you would not be willing to do yourself.
15. Writing is so much easier than telling: I know where I got the writing gene. My dad would always write us little letters when he had to go off on trainings and for special occasions.
16. If you hang out with fools you are foolish. He taught me to surround myself with intellects and not hooligans. I did not often listen… though I finally learned.
And many more….

Thank you dad for teaching me so many useful things… You are the greatest dad
(I think mom did a great job training you: )

Happy Fathers Day !!!

Comments

  1. You're a GOOD daughter. Dad "teared up" when he read this. You make him proud to be your DAD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life