Thank you Ma'am...So much

I sat in the booth across from my husband and daughter. It is Father’s day so my husband chose to go shopping at Lowes and grab a bite at Chili’s. My hair up in a ponytail, my jeans rolled up like Huck-Fin, a spaghetti strapped tank top for the special occasion and flip flops. My plate consisted of hot wings, Southwest Eggrolls and Chicken Crispers, and I sipped Diet Coke; not exactally the meal of a classy woman. My gaze lifted from the table and noticed an older lady staring at me, and I smiled. She instantly walked around the restaurant and stopped at our table. She spoke to my husband, “Sir, I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful wife.” she looked at me, "You are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen." Eric smiled and my eyebrows raise in shock as I say “Thank you”. She then follows with, “I mean it, you are just so pretty, so delicate.” I thought to myself; “Delicate?” I was waiting for my husband to spit his tea out of his mouth from laughter but he just smiled and nodded. “You daughter is so cute too” she mentioned, though we are always used to hearing how pretty Lyric is it shocked me that she spoke of me. Before walking away she mentioned how beautiful and delicate I appeared to beonce more. I thanked her over and over… yet felt so petty. When I left the house I looked in the mirror and was pouty about my forehead lines and my tired looking eyes. Some women don’t see the Magazine models as “beauty” I guess. That woman made my day. I feel so ordinary, yet now I feel I guess I CAN stand out to some folks. I have been bragging since to Eric about my Delicateness. I think he’s jealous. What a sweet lady.

Comments

  1. You never know what a few words of simple kindness can do for someone....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you are beautiful!! Classic :) You don't need a lot of fluff. Keep it up homie!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life