Soft Spot on a hard day

Why do I keep having garage sales after I say I will “never again”? This is miserable, hot, and drawn out. The weather in Texas in mid-July does not exactly permit the most comfortable situation. Although it is nice to see a few things go. Not enough things to fit my liking.

I had all of this “crap” stashed in my workout room and approached it yesterday to begin hauling items outside to the “garage”. Lyric was right behind me; I said “well I guess I need to price this stuff”. I give her credit for being smart but surely she didn’t know what I was saying and only sensed my tone, because she responded with, “are you friggin kidding me?” I laughed immediately and then thought, (should my 2 year old be saying “friggin”) awe what’s it gonna hurt…beside’s it’s cute.

My folks also brought a lot of things to sell at the garage sell as well. They emptied out their closets and assigned one box to me to approve because it was full of my ole belongings. Within this magical box lied my many Sex Pistol Concert T-shirts from the 70’s (Of course I am too young to have attended them, though they were given to me by an older fellow punk rocker), and my old Tai Boxing shorts, a few karate tournament t-shirts, the first board I broke with a side kick, and two letters; one from a best friend in the sixth grade and one from a pin pal in the military. In the fifth grade we had to write a letter to a military person. Brian received my letter on Christmas day…and he was missing his family and his new wife back home in Louisiana. The Dessert Storm War was intact at that time and he was shipped off just after his marriage. I wonder what that Brian is doing now. Did he have grandchildren with his wonderful wife… or did he go to his true home during the fight. I pray that either way… his family is doing well.

Comments

  1. You brave, brave soul...even my neighbors are having a yard sale today and I cannot venture over to just look it is sooo "friggin" hot! I think that her saying that is way better than what I hear a few other kiddos saying nowadays! She is just the cutest, can't wait to actually meet her and hear her little voice...I can only imagine the conversations to take place with her and Abbey! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life