Catch a Wave


Salt in the air and sand in my bathing suit, that’s how I like it! We just returned home from a mini-vacation with my mom, sister, and the kiddos, at the glorious beach. My daughter thought, on more than one occasion, we were visiting a nude beach. Luckily I captured her quickly each time and put her suit back on.
We enjoyed standing in the water letting waves crash against us, with Lyric’s scream of laughter accompanying each wave. The body boarding experience with my sister was awesome! That was the last time I saw my favorite sunglasses but it was worth every second. Who needs a water park, God has created such wonderful fun in nature. It just happens to be 5 hours away.


Shark! No that’s a dolphin. Swimmers had a scare when they saw a fin whirling around the swimming area. Without a second look everyone jetted for the beach out of the water only to look around and see a beautiful dolphin slashing around and showing off. Just remember to always take someone slower along with you when wading far into the ocean.

The first morning I woke at 6am to do a relaxing run on Galveston’s seawall. And it was exactly that! I cannot think of a more tranquil, relaxing moment. The scenery was unbeatable, and the salty air in my lungs felt incredible. I met an interesting character on my run back towards the hotel. She was an older, short, Hispanic woman holding a beach hat, a rosary, and a white cloth. The woman stopped me and asked if she were aloud onto the beach. I’m sure I made an odd expression. “uh, yes”. She did not understand why there was no one on the beach at 6:00 in the morning while the tide was in and hitting up against the seawall. I thought; only surfers are in the ocean this early. She introduced herself as Sister Mary, and I shook the Nun’s hand. It was the first Nun I had ever seen, much less shook hands with. I explained to her that the beach is always open. I stayed and talked to her for a moment; she was a sweet lady.

The rainforest café was an experience that I feel Lyric will be talking about for a while. Every day since, she wants to “talk about the rainforest”. She loves animals and was intrigued by the atmosphere. We also all devoured the Volcano cake Desert that we all NEEDED! It was, well, large; and oh so yummy.


After lots of shell gathering, castle building, bunk bed climbing, and pizza eating Lyric had a great time. I have even talked Eric into taking us back soon for another small vacation. I will be taking my running shoes again!


Comments

  1. What fun! It is so great that she loves the ocean, such wonderful things for little ones to learn and experience! I bet she will be talking about it for some time, what great memories she is making! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life