Rebel Yell

I started my first Evening Bootcamp class in Cooper today. I think I’m going enjoy teaching in the evening… though I think I have upset some of my morning bootcamp gals. Maybe I can work out a way to do both and still be sane.
When I arrived home I wasn’t welcomed by the typical tiny arms wrapped around my legs. I am with Lyric all day every day. So, when I leave her for only few minutes she acts as if it has been weeks when I return. I wondered where she was. Eric said “she’s in her room”. I take a peek and she is sitting on her bed playing with her foot with no books, no toys, and no T.V. on. Eric then explained that she is grounded to her room. Apparently Lyric thought one of her daddy’s guitars was trying to karate chop her so she kicked it over.

Okay so she deliberately kicked over, my little rebellious punk. Eric was furious (knowing his LOVE for his guitars) but still took proper action by telling her she did wrong and telling her to stay in her room. I did not want to be the “hero” parent and come home to say “okay you’re not in trouble anymore” and step on Eric’s toes,because I would kill him if he did that to me, so I just sat in there and talked to her for a bit. She explained to me that the guitar hurt her foot. She’s going be a good story teller.

I snuck her favorite blankie to her and read her some books. She told daddy she was sorry and she loves him. He ended up snuggling up with her in her bed with her and enjoying the apology hugs and kisses. Men are so easy.
And the guitar suffered a tiny scratch. Over-actor!


Comments

  1. That is the sweetest pic of them...pull-ups and all! I love her room...LOVE it! I totally need to hit you up for decorating tips, big time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl! I'd be glad to let youpick my mind for decorating tips! i love changing spaces, wish I could do it for a living. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

So much work, for something so little.

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life