Busy, yet blessed!


It’s been a busy few months for this momma!

I must catch you up on the Brunson household. Eric is working more than ever, though it does pay off ; ) My little girl turned three : ( And I have put a hold on teaching my own fitness/bootcamp classes and am currently working with P31 Fitness: ) Of course, working for someone else, I make less moola ; just thinking it is for a good cause and will eventually pay off.


I have a new addiction. My marvelous parents gave me a Canon EOS Rebel that I cannot stop snapping away. I am so amazed at the astounding pictures it takes. Thank you mom and dad! Now I just need to learn how to use it when it isn’t in “Auto”. Truly loving the zoom lens also!



When I was young, I used to think our family Christmas tradition was silly. We do the same thing each year and have done it this way since…well since I can remember. Do you have a Christmas tradition, or does your family just “get together”? As you grow older the tradition becomes so important and necessary and I wouldn’t have it any other way.


At the Herron household (that’s my folks) we ALWAYS eat supper, whatever it may be that year…then… My sister plays the piano while we sit around the living room and sing along to Christmas songs…then….we read the Christmas story from the book of Luke in the Bible (reminding ourselves what Christmas is about)…then… we pray and thank Christ for everything we have to be thankful for…then… we open our presents…. All while drinking hot apple cider or cocktails (this year was screwdrivers and bloody maries)… Whew! I love it!



Since Alanna (the eldest grandchild) has been old enough to realize that we are celebrating Christ’s birthday, we have had a cake iced with “Happy Birthday Jesus” and a candle for the kids to blow out. This year it was absolutely priceless when the three grandchildren where singing along to “Happy Birthday” and my daughter decided to quietly slip her name in there…” Happy Birthday to Jesus… “and lyric””.



She is the most amazing child in the world…I know you think your child is…but you’re wrong. My little princess is absolutely perfect! She is more beautiful every day, more intelligent by the minute, and just so crazy about her mother! She has had a “special present” for me every day for the past month. She comes up to me and says “momma I have a special present for you”, then she gives me a big hug and kiss. Awe, what an angel.


But as they say, no one is perfect. There is always the defiance, the whiney fits, and the struggle between us. She does not take discipline well. She may be a princess, but she can be a toot! It takes an act of congress to get her to pick up her room.

Leave feedback! Should a parent’s wishes and rules be respected by others even if they are silly? If your child is being kept by someone, or staying over, should your child be told to do something you have told her is unsafe? If you want your child to be a vegetarian, should someone purposely feed them meat? (just an example, we love bacon;)
Check back soon!


Comments

  1. You are so more on top of things than I am...I have not blogged in months! I love the new pics your camera takes...I am hoping the husband fairy gets me a Canon for my upcomming birthday! Lyric is just breathtaking...it is funny to see the 3year old-grown complex take hold...funny times. When it comes to what other people feed my children or whatever disipline is given...I think that the people that watch my kids know what I would do. I feed the wee ones well, they are healthy and they choose healthy things. When other people offer them stuff, sure they will take it...but in moderation. Ohhh, we love the bacon... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Canons are glorious thing! I love mine dearly and have been having so much fun figuring out all of the settings, though it seems there are so many I many never figure it all out.
    My thoughts on someone else watching your kid and not respecting your wishes are mixed. On one hand I don't think it's huge if it's something small like watching cartoons (when they aren't allowed to at home), however I would lose my mind if it was something serious like an R rated movie, or eating meat when we did not or even forcing them to partake in a religious celebration that we do not agree with. Those may not be a big deal to some, but to others they are. I generally only leave my kids with people I know well enough to feel good about the decisions they make.
    Great discussion point, I know from experience that it does come up often as a parent!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life

So much work, for something so little.