Friday the 13th? So What!

It must really suck to fear an entire day just because of the number that represents it. I have never been superstitious for two reasons; one being that my parents taught me that it is not Christian manner to fear what is in Gods control, it is Christian to have faith. Another reason is because it must be miserable to live life fearing everything. I know through experience and sheer faith that FEAR is a GIFT from God. He will give it to you when it is needed and it will not feel like the simple anxiety that you get from the title that Atheists have stamped on a day. You will feel it in your throat and you will know something is not exactly right. That is a gift. I don’t fear Friday the 13th because nothing is more likely to happen to me today than tomorrow if God wills. Don’t fear FEAR, be grateful for it.



A friend of mine posted the following on Facebook and I Love the way she put it:

“Fear of Friday the 13th is based on superstition, and as such it has no place in the mind or heart of Christians. No day or date is to be feared by those who belong to God through Jesus Christ. Everything that happens is under the control of our sovereign God who rules every event in the universe and never allows superstitions or the schemes of men to thwart His divine will and plan (Isaiah 46:11).”

Have a Happy day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Years Later

10 Things I want my daughter to know about life

So much work, for something so little.